Sunday, April 12, 2015

Rice




After a trip to the grocery store, I arrived home exhausted with so much heaviness on my mind. I held onto a bag of rice that I purchased and just glanced at it over and over again and started to ponder back when I wrote about Utopia and how impossible it is to have a "perfect" world around us because we're going to make enemies, people will dislike us for whatever reason and people will have these so unusual conclusions about us, especially since we are saved.

2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”

But as I glanced at the rice over and over again I saw this world as that bag of rice. I opened it and grabbed a tiny bit of it, there were about 14 of them. So these 14 pieces of rice just stayed in my hand and I just kept staring at them and I saw them representing people who may/may not like me, they represented people who just don't want to see me and think negatively of me. After I had that set in my mind I took the rice and put it back in the bag and then shook it up a bit. I looked back into the bag and the rice all looked the same, I couldn't distinguish the ones I held versus all the other rice and that’s how I needed to see these people who "don't like" me. There just blend into everyone else, get lost in the crowd of people on this earth that the chances of us seeing them again are slim to none really. This world is HUGE so why worry about a handful of people who "don't like" you. They are just grains of rice blending into this world with all the other pieces of rice.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Yes people are going to view you in different lights such as the rubix cube ( each color represents a view of you) BUT also keep in mind that as long as you are in right standing with GOD, the creator of this whole world, GOD who with a breathe of air made man out of dust and made woman out of a rib, GOD who has this whole planet in the palm of His hand, GOD who created you and all those people in the first place sees you as perfect and sinless and totally completely loved in His eyes.....THAT is the most powerful revelation and FACT anyone can have buried in their soul.

1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

God made these people who see you "differently" and yet their creator loves you. God loves you regardless of who you are and what you've done. Those people didn’t die on the cross for you, Jesus did! Those people didn't love you enough to die on a cross for you and take that punishment for you and gave you the opportunity to go to heaven instead of burning in hell, GOD DID THAT FOR YOU!

JOHN 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

So these pieces of rice that you worry over....they're just rice. They're just human beings. They can do nothing but think whatever they want. Their brains can picture whatever they want but that doesn’t mean anything, THEY are not perfect, they have sins in their life so let that rice go. Forget the rice. Look up and see who really matters. God does.

Isaiah 55:6-7 Seek the LORD while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.

I have been made innocent of any sin committed, I have been set free from every charge of sin, I have been cleared of all blame and guilt of sin, and I am in right standing with the Father.

God is a God of FORGIVENESS. Period. And everyone else......


They're just rice.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment