Sunday, April 12, 2015

Hope


"But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."
Romans 8:25

To me Hope is what keeps you alive...keeps you going......it’s all a person has left sometimes. Hope is an anchor for the soul. Is Alive in Us. Makes you happy. Brings rest. Purifies. Makes you bold. Delights the Lord. Doesn't disappoint. Strengthens the heart. It does all this....and more.

When people hope for something, they wait for it patiently, they pray every day and just believe and trust God has it taken care of. I've been hoping for something for a LONG time, something that I must wait for, something that I want but can only have in Gods time. Now….its not my time to have this. Though I really want it, I know if I have it now, it wouldn't work out. What is it?

A husband. But not just any man, a godly man, a man who loves the Lord more than he loves me…that's right! A man who fears and loves the Lord is what I desire.

Ephesians 5:23-25  For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her

If there is going to be a man who is going to be the head of me and my family then he better be a man of God. This is something that I don’t intend to just pick on my own or just accept anyone; this task belongs to the Lord. He is the creator of the universe so I’m certain He knows what He’s doing in terms of what’s best for me. He knows everything.

1 John 3:20  “For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.”

Told ya J What do I do if I can't marry now? I live. I go to school and do a good job, I go to work and live it with all my life, I come home to clean and paint and read books and spend time in devotions. I see this time as a time to grow closer to God, because right now He is my love, He is my focus, He gives me strength "Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength."

It is hard to wait, it’s very easy to lose hope and do things your way but believe me, following God and waiting on Him is the best thing for me…..and for anyone. I have hope knowing that as long as I stay in His will, I will receive His blessings. I still hope that God is bringing the right man into my life, I still hope that someday I will get married…I still have the hope. It drives me to live; it drives me to stand strong in the Lord. To find a man who loves God and who loves me with all his heart will be the most wonderful blessing of my life, believe me I want this so much….but when it is time. I love Jesus Christ more than anything and I want to please and honor him…so therefore I wait.

 

And Hope.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment