Sunday, April 12, 2015

Faith


Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Faith is what I live by day in and day out. Faith is believing for something that you can't even see, or basically having confidence and trust in something or someone. Faith purifies our hearts. More precious than gold. It can bring a blessing. Overcomes the world.....it can even move mountains. Yep it can!!

For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, "Move from here to there" and it shall move; and nothing shall be impossible to you.
Matthew 17:20

What I like about faith is it speaks and heals. Faith even pleases God.

Now most people have lost their faith and I don't blame them. I almost lost mine. People loose faith due to hurt, pain, disappointment. I know, I was there. After all my trails and pain, I started to loose my faith, I didn't want to believe in anything anymore. But something inside me told me to never give up.....to keep believing. I couldn't understand everything that was going on but I kept my faith. I didn't understand but God did.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not onto your OWN understanding." Proverbs 3:5

So I picked myself up and started to rest on my faith once again and what happened?? Everything!!! My whole world changed, God opened up a world of possibility, friendship, love and a desire to live life to its fullest. It was my faith in God that kept me going.

Yes I can't physically see God but it's like the wind. Can you see the wind? I've never seen the wind, I've seen the affects of the wind and I know all of you have. I know the wind is there, I feel it. Wind is powerful....well so is faith. Faith is the evidence of things unseen. We can't see God but we can see His works through others and through us. I'm an example of it....I went through the storm but God healed and protected me. If my faith can save me, yours can. 

Then you probably say "But, it's hard to believe in what you can not see." But I tell you, when you have faith, you will see the unseen. You need to walk by faith, not by sight. Walk in faith knowing that God is directing your path….He is the lamp unto your feet and a light unto your path. He is there guiding you, protecting you just have in knowing that He has wonderful things in store for you.

Don’t be a doubting Thomas! BELIEVE!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment