Sunday, April 12, 2015

Love


Everyone wants love. Wants to be loved. Wants to know that there is someone there who they can be with and talk to. Love is powerful. It is patient. Kind. Love brings life into people. Doesn't not envy. It fulfills the law. Builds up people. Perfect love casts out fear.

LOVE NEVER FAILS.

"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God and God in him." 1 John 4:16

I think a huge myth with love people mistake love with gifts, sexual emotions, expensive dates, and even saying "I love you" over and over again. Love is suppose to make us feel good and it seems oh so pretty but really…… We tend to forget that human love does fail because we disappoint, but Gods love never fails. Ever.

 And for me, I want to give God's perfect love to my husband. I want to be a Virtuous Wife (Proverbs 31:10-30) to my husband.  Love is not just buying things and talking everyday on the phone, it is not a feeling either. It is a commitment. A commitment to your spouse. It is giving up of yourself and putting them first. Their wants, needs, loving them and taking care of them. It is the overreaching principle in a meaningful relationship.

For us to really be able to give true love we need to be filled with the one who IS love. Our Lord.
“For He who does not love does not know God. For God is love. 1 John 4:8”

Love is a decision of commitment, a trust established, and love is a never failing emotion.  To me, it only makes sense to fill yourself up with Gods love because He gave His life for us, His love for us to have eternal life is what REAL love is and yes I'm not God, but I want to love like Him. I want to be able to have that God-filled love that I can share with my husband. Not just gifts or a basket full of emotions…..but a real commitment and dedication to him and our marriage as one. God is love and to know love you must know Him

"And now abide in faith hope and love these three: but the greatest of these is love."

Love is powerful, love is real. And I know that people out there wonder a lot where is my spouse? God did you forget about me?? No He hasn't.

"Refrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears; for your walk shall be reawarded," says the Lord." 1 Timothy 6:6

Be patient, God knows your heart and He will send you the one perfect for you! I promise.

God gives the best to those who leave the choice with Him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment